
Each day that passes, Paul and I feel more and more ready for our baby boy! We PRAISE God that the birth father officially signed his consent on Sunday afternoon! We met his mother and they both gave us their "blessing" and told us how happy they were for us. What a praise! We scheduled our home study for next weekend...but are going to try to reschedule it for earlier, just in case!
My sisters, mom and I went to Babies R Us and I completed our registry! Paul came later and helped pick out the cutest nursery stuff! The decor will be jungle animals... and get this, they're all playing either basketball, football, baseball, or soccer! It's the cutest thing ever and Paul really likes it! The room colors are tan, navy blue, red, and basically the other primary colors! We bought one of the valances, some bottles, and some baby clothes too! How cute are those little shoes!?!?

Lastly, I went to my first doctor appointment with the birth mother yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon! It was a little awkward walking into the doctor's office with her, but that's to be expected, I guess. The doctor was really nice and we were able to talk about the "day of" procedures. And best of all, I was able to hear the heartbeat and see the ultra sound pictures for the first time! That was amazing!
Thanks to everyone for praying for Paul, me, and the little baby boy! We're over-joyed! Please continue to pray for the finances. We've officially "retained" our lawyers, Kirsh & Kirsh, who are the top adoption lawyers in Indiana. We are paying for the home study next week and then will start filling out paperwork for grants.
Most importantly, please pray for the birth mother. She is set on giving us the baby, feels "a complete peace about it", and understands she must do this because of several huge issues going on in her life, but it is still hard and I can tell she's sad. I can't even imagine what she's feeling. Please pray that she takes the counseling offered to her and that she makes it through the birth and post-birth with peace. Pray for us too because it's really hard for me to not feel like the "mom" yet. I know in my head that this is normal and there are more emotions involved in an adoption, but it still is hard. Paul and I already love our soon-to-be baby boy so much and we are anxious for him to be born so we can hold him, have him home, and truly be his parents.
"May the Lord give us the desires of our heart and make all our plans succeed. We will shout for joy when we are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God." Psalm 20:4,5



thanks for posting another update! i'm SUPER excited for the way the God is answering prayers. i can't wait to see what God continues to do. i love the pictures too! praying with you guys!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't mind me following your blog. Jeff and Tiff have been giving us periodic updates of your situation and Erica mentioned that you started a blog about it. Our family is truly SO excited for you and will continue to pray for the specifics of your situation and continue to do so as you transition into being this little boy's parents. Congrats!!! Are you sharing names? When is the due date?
ReplyDeleteNo need to answer all my questions--I read the rest of your blog! Keep us posted on any updates!
ReplyDeleteAmy Tonagel