
After spending the night with the birth mom, we were awoken this morning at 8 a.m. to our nurse wheeling Josiah into our room. What a wonderful surprise! We were able to feed him, change his first poopy diper, see his first "check-up" by the pediatrician, and just hold him for hours. We love him so much and know that God gave him to us as our true son.
Then, around 1, the birth mom asked to spend time with him as she was about to meet with our lawyers, Kirsh & Kirsh, at 2:00. She had good closure with him as she signed the consent papers with peace (praise the Lord!). We are so thankful for her strength and courage to do what is best for baby Josiah's life.
Then, at 3ish, our lawyer came back to our room with the blessed news that Josiah is offically ours! We hugged, cried, and praised God! We are so excited to now share him with visitors and our family members!
I praise God because I really felt a peace that passes all understanding in these last few hours. I kept receiting the verse, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," when I'd start to feel fear. Paul and I prayed and believed that God would bring everything to completion - and He did! Praise Him from whom ALL blessings flow! We look at Josiah and see God's miracle and plan for our life -and his life! God ALWAYS provides! What an awesome God who loves us and loves to bless us!
I hope to share more pictures with you all very soon! : ) We can't thank you enough for each of you who prayed! Thank you!!!!!!
Love, Allison

So excited for you! Our God IS an AWESOME God!!!
ReplyDelete~Val
Oh, Allison, I am crying happy, happy tears for you guys. You have been so much on my mind and I have been waiting so anxiously for it to be "official." I am so excited for you. God has a big plan for that little guy's life! I am also praying for birth-mom as I know she made a very hard, but brave decision. We will continue to pray for you as you start this amazing and fun adventure! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear more stories.
ReplyDeletePaul and Allison,
ReplyDeleteJennifer Copple told me your wonderful news, and gave me the address to your blog. This post made me cry the most joyful tears! I am so happy for you. I love how you wrote that he is your TRUE son. So true. Congratulations!!
Much love,
Michele