Thursday, August 26, 2010

Josiah is now 7 months old!
Every day he is doing new things and his personality is coming more and more alive! He's so much fun! He still loves laughing and kicking, but has also moved on standing! He now says, "Da-da", and this morning it seriously sounded like he clearly said, "Hi, da-da!". It was really cute! Paul loves it! He is actually obsessed with Paul. This morning I'm holding Josiah in the kitchen and Paul is moving in and out of the room getting ready to leave for school and Josiah's little head is just moving back and forth trying to keep Daddy in his sight! He can't get enough of him!

He's also aware of nap time now - which means that he fights it to the end! Why???? When we're putting him to sleep, we know he's extremely tired, but he will do several things to keep himself awake for as long as possible while we're rocking him! My favorites are kicking furiously, grunting just as his eyes are closing (which causes them to come right back open for about 2 seconds!), squealing, and my new favorite is pretty much doing a backbend in our arms as he tries to look around the room! He has developed a "will" and now lets us know when he doesn't like something!

I'm obsessed right now with reading about the real-life family from the movie "The Blindside". Their names are Leigh Anne and Sean Tuohy. They have a book out about their story with adopting Michael Oher and giving to others. Anyway, I was reading their book and came across this quote that just describes how I feel about my baby, Josiah!
"Once when we were young expectant parents, our pediatrician tried to explain childbirth to us. He finally said, 'We could talk about why it works for the next six hours. Or you could just accept that it's a miracle.' That's how we feel about Michael."

I love that - Josiah is a miracle! He is our baby boy! People ask me all the time when I feel that I bonded with him or if I was nervous about that. But Josiah is our son, God made him just for us. So, of course, Paul and I bonded immediately with him and love him with our whole hearts! It doesn't matter if he came out of my belly or not - he's our miracle!

Here are some fun pictures!!!
He is growing up so much! Doesn't he look cute in Daddy's big hat?
He eats solid foods now! Here's his first bite of baby food - carrots! And he likes it! He likes all foods, even veggies!

Yay!!!!!
tummy time!
Paul teaching Josiah to crawl!
He can get his legs up, just not for very long! He really tries hard though! It's so sweet!
Josiah loves chewing and playing with his spoons...
After choking a couple of times.... I took it away!

Watching a Mary Kay video with me! He's getting pumped up for the day!!! Ha, ha!
He loves music and has just discovered that it comes out of a CD player!
He'll sit here silently for 20-30 minutes just staring at it!
He loves drinking from a real cup! So cute!
He wants to STAND! Sometimes when we go to sit him down, he will lock his legs cause he just wants to bounce or stand up! He can stand now by himself for about 3 seconds!
Josiah LOVES to read with us!
He's developed a "will"!
Cute pictures that Paul's mom took!



No comments:

Post a Comment