Paul and I just got back from Mexico early Tuesday morning and got right into preparing for our baby boy! I have a lot of wonderful new updates! First, Paul and I are going to Leo, IN on Thursday afternoon to start our "home study" process with a family friend and social worker that lives there. When the home study is completed we can begin applying for grants and adoption loans!
Another fun update is I met up with my mom and sister, Amy, at Babies R Us to start our registry and pick out some things that we need right away for an infant! AH! I came home with 2 boxes of "swadler" diapers and a pack of wipes, as well as my mom HAD to buy our baby boy a golf outfit cause she knew Paul would like it! So cute! I also picked out the bedding, which is all sports oriented. :) My other sister Erica is going to come to Indy on Friday to help me finish the registry - I have NO idea what to get or what is needed!
Today, Paul cleaned out the guest room to start the transformation of making it a baby room! He also moved the guest bed into my office, so we have a place for my mom and Paul's mom to stay for the first few weeks he's born! LOL! Paul also cleaned out the entire closet to make room for baby boy clothes and blankets! Not sure where to put all of my shoes now.... but we'll figure it out!
Another great update and HUGE PRAISE is that we are officially meeting with the birth father on Friday at 10:30 - PLEASE pray for us and that the birth father signs the consent papers on Friday. I have continued to be in contact with the birth mother, who is so happy and at peace with us being the adoptive parents. I'm going to her doctor appointment with her on Tuesday and will get to hear our baby's heartbeat! The birth mother is also going to give us the ultra sound pictures!
Please continue to pray for us and that all details with the home study and the birth father would work out. Also please pray that we would choose the right name for our soon-to-be baby boy!
Thank you! Blessed are those who put their hope in Him!
this is amazing ali!! i love reading about everything and can't wait to hear what God continues to do! i'll be praying for you tomorrow at 10:30!!! love you so much and thankful for God's blessings in your and Paul's life! :-)
ReplyDeleteAllison,
ReplyDeleteSo SUPER excited for you (and Paul :-) )! Cannot wait to help you earn the Cadillac so that you are able to pay for all the things you will need for your son! I will continue to pray that God provides for your growing family, woot woot! And like 'Mols' (haha love that!) continue to update us :-)
Molly (another Mols ;-)