Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happiness

Spring is in the air and Paul and I are falling more in love with our baby boy! Josiah is now 10 weeks old and it is so amazing to see his personality start to blossom! Today as I was holding him I just kept thinking, "I couldn't be any happier!" Paul agrees! We are constantly reminded of God's amazing love and blessing through Josiah and continue to give Him praise!
Our church, College Park Church, gave us a new baby care package and included in it was a wonderful book, "Praying the Scriptures for Your Children" by Jodie Berndt. I have been learning so much about how to pray for Josiah and the awesome responsibility of training him up for the Lord. One wise thought from this book (that I'm sure other Christian mamas agree with and will be GREAT models of this for me!) is the following: "Ephesians 4:12 says that the gifts God gives us are meant to build up the body of Christ...our job as parents is not so much to develop our kids' gifts and talents as it is to encourage them to stay close to the Lord. We (the author) tell our children that it doesn't matter what they do - simple or great - as long as they walk close to the Lord. That's when they will be truly successful, and that's when they will be able to do God's work." I LOVE this and of course pray that God would bless Josiah with gifts and abilities, but my deepest heart's desire is for him to serve and love God.
Amen!!! LOL!
Here are some new things that Josiah is doing now at 10 weeks old!
- He smiles every day now! In the morning when I pick him up out of bed, the first thing he does is give me a great big, gummy smile! AH!!!!
- He laughs! He is ticklish under his chin and squeals when tickled there! He also laughs when Paul makes this gurgling noise and rubs his nose! :)
- He coos! And he coo/sings! He loves music and will coo when he hears it. He also will coo back and forth with us. We'll coo, then he'll repeat it!
- Did you all notice that I didn't blog for like 2weeks? That's because I was so tired and held up from this little boy not sleeping unless he was being held! He LOVES LOVES LOVES cuddling and being held, which is fun...except at 3 a.m. and except for at times during the day when I want to be able to do something like get dressed, EAT, or use a computer! LOL! He now is sleeping 41/2 to 5 hours at night and I am LOVING THAT! After going through about a week of letting him cry in his crib (and every once in a while we still have to! Sad!) he now lays down and goes right to sleep! YES! He also just kinda entertains himself during the day and doesn't need to be held as much. So, now I feel like I have tons of time!
- He's found his hands and loves to suck on them...and sometimes finds his thumb! oh no!
-He has his first pair of newborn jean! LOVE IT!
Okay, here he is! He's growing up fast!











Josiah likes to sit next to us like this! So funny!
Our first Spring walk - Josiah LOVES being outside!
He starts cooing and looking around as soon he's outdoors!

Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I can hardly stand the pictures of him in those baby jeans... Way too adorable. I love the one of him sitting up beside you on the couch too. Melts my heart.

    ReplyDelete